Monday, March 10, 2008

Eulogy for the Pooper Cat



That inevitable moment many of us dread happened this morning. Ever since we returned from Cozumel, Pooper Cat has been gradually getting weaker, skinnier, and more lethargic. We petted him, tried to feed him (anything), loved him, and called his name more often in the last two months, but finally this morning we said goodbye.

Here's to Pooper, the Talking Kitty. He entertained us with his shenanigans from the first moment I adopted him from another agent in California -- his true name, by the way. He continued to talk to us and love us for 16.5 years. And he will be sincerely missed, yet always remembered.

I love you, my Pooper. Goodbye. I look forward to cuddling up in bed with you, Sierra, and Rhett Butler again one day. In the meanwhile, you three take care of each other, talk to each other, and compare notes about how much I loved each of you - differently - and remember what fun we had together, what love we shared.

1 comment:

the7msn said...

I'm SO sorry. You gave him a good life.
Hugs from the whole herd. We'll give you some in person when we see you in May.