Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Above Water, Non-Running BLOG Space

Love this idea! Posting a photo of where you blog.

And, yup, I'll give credit where credit is due.
First, to my sister, Linda, at 7MSN. I read her blog every day and regularly steal her ideas. But Linda was "tagged" by Pony Girl - so she gets credit, too.

I've been a closet reader of blogs devoted to horses, ranches, and cowgirls for several months now. Time to come out of the closet.

So this is "my space" - when I'm not diving somewhere underwater or out pounding the pavement in training for Disney 1/2 Marathon. (See the bottle of water on my desk? I'm drinking like a good girl.) Also notice the new ThinkPad perched atop my rolling desk - I am what my blog header says: a multi-tasker who just has to be mobile and doing many things at the same time. Also for those newbies who might be visiting this blog for the first time, that's my FBI SWAT "In Appreciation" plaque hanging on the wall to the right, just over the official White House Congrats card I received from George and Laura when I retired a few years ago. Guess you'll have to read earlier posts elsewhere (and some in the future) for more on that life.

There are two photos of me diving on my desk at left, my dive log books on top of the desk. I really do have to finish updating my Belize dive information and REEF Fish count stuff! My "I'd rather be Scuba Diving" sign is hanging over the printer/phone. And here's a sample photo from my recent Belize dive trip to National Heritage Site, "The Blue Hole" (140 feet deep!) Actually, this is a photo of a painted drawing in this itsy bitsy museum on Half Moon Caye. When my dive buddy photographers send me the underwater photo of me diving *in* the Blue Hole, you'll get a better concept of the whole experience.

In the meanwhile, if you're reading this and you have not posted a picture of where YOU blog, TAG ... you're it.

5 comments:

the7msn said...

Let's see...what do our blog spaces have in common. Nothing? I'm a Mac, you're a PC. Viva la difference.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

That's a busy work space. It's obvious that someone very focused and organized uses it.
Can't wait to see the diving photos of you, too.

Kathleen said...

We were always just a little bit opposite of each other, Linda. But, as I told Twinville, I think we've learned to appreciate "la differencias" as we've become more seasoned.

Pony Girl said...

Kathleen, thanks for stopping by my blog and for sharing your space! I have really enjoyed your sister's blog, it's one of my daily reads. I envy your ability to dive. I am not even a good swimmer, so I can not imagine scuba diving under water! Maybe some day I will learn....

Kathleen said...

Pony Girl: Funny thing is, you don't even really have to know how to swim to be a scuba diver! One of my best dive buddies is a *terrible* swimmer. I remember the serene pleasure of gentle horse steps through a Montana forest and think it quite similar to the experience of counting fish in the deep blue. Thanks much for stopping by!