Monday, February 02, 2009

Didn't Think I Would Run, Did You?

Yup. I did it.
Finally ran -- and quite well for having been OFF for 20 days! -- last Friday after procrastinating all day. Of course, when I ran again yesterday before the Super Bowl, it was very painful and a whole different story. But I did manage to finish almost 5 miles, at the slow/easy pace I wanted. The trick is not stopping -- during a run, or between run days. Once in motion, things are easy. Kicking them into motion is a pain.

I need a new challenge. Or two. Check out the two new icons and links at the left. WHY? I need my "own thing".

I so admire and respect Alex for his cave diving exploits and experiences (as well as his technical blogging). If I ever want to be his partner on "The Amazing Race", I just need to do this. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Watching Alex and I on national television as "The Dive Buddies" while we race around the world?

And I am so proud of Tracey! When I first met her, I showed her all about my REEF fish counting project. And now she has been selected by REEF as one of their "Advanced" counters to do research for their Grouper Project in Grand Cayman! And she can identify and count fish far beyond what I have ever been able to do. Oh, for the chance to humbly sit by her side in St. Croix when she leads a REEF trip down there in May (I hope, I hope)!!

Then, of course, my sister Linda. Everything she does in her life is something to respect and admire. I really want to visit the 7MSN sometime this spring and do a "dude ranch" kind of thing with her. And maybe because I've been sick for the past 3 weeks, I need to get back into some resemblance of FIT so I can tote bails of hay and pull loco weed with her - while I'm refreshing my horseback riding skills and running around the ranch.

SO ....., this is for me.
This year (hey, I know it's February; I just wasn't into making "resolutions" at the New Year) I will:
  1. Run a 10:00 pace - consistently - for at least a 5K.
  2. Complete the 100 pushups challenge.
  3. And the 200 situps challenge.
The way I figure it, by next January, I'll be looking at a whole 'nother level of Half Marathons or some other wild and crazy challenge.

Still think I would do well on "Survivor".

No comments: