Thursday, January 31, 2008

Doing. One More "D"

Doing.
Last night I wrote "as if I didn't have enough to do." And that I sometimes had regrets about retiring because "there's a lot of things I could still do."

I remember a time, not too long ago, when I wandered around the house during the day looking for things to do. I think it was probably bounce back from all those years of working 12 hour days (and nights). It's taken me five years since I moved from the ranks of "on duty" to "former"(once an Agent, always an Agent) to find a comfortable place where I simply enjoy doing anything I want. Or, lots of times, when I do nothing. Gianni has helped a lot with that. He's an expert at enjoying himself while doing nothing. That may sound harsh and critical: it's not. I admire him.

Recently, however, I've started agreeing with two of my other "former" friends, Nell and Peggy. There is SO MUCH TO DO these days that I can't find enough time to do it all. An abbreviated list:
TOP 10 THINGS TO DO TODAY:
  1. Final edit of yesterday's post; witty repartee comment on my sister's blog (I love a competition!) and this post
  2. Answer 6 emails (responding to 6 other TO DO things)
  3. Breakfast, shower, and pack lunch
  4. Stop at Starbucks for the usual iced triple grande coffee latte, non-fat, 2 Splendas.
  5. PD work: Ah..... the TO DOs are endless. So many new projects, so little time: City Map address verifications; design forms in Adobe; verify criminal State Statute tables; maintain laptop inventory; encourage my boss to "de-stress"
  6. Check in on-line with my Weight Watchers group, "Been There Done That," and give/receive motivation
  7. Run an EASY 2 miles tonight (Sunday is my first 5K race in 5 years!)
  8. Finish entering REEF surveys from Cozumel: I still have 4 to upload (and they're a month old!)
  9. Watch season premiere of LOST: so excited about this one, I may have to enjoy a glass of champagne in front of the tube, with my feet up after my run, cat curled up on my lap, Gianni snoring on the couch beside me
  10. Wake Gianni up from his yoga room stretching and nap and crawl into bed with the latest OPRAH before nodding off to sleep.

No comments: