Monday, December 10, 2007

A Week of A

Appetites. Apathy. Anhedonia (at least about the holidays).
Angelfish.

Those A's would be me. Today, at least.

I've been self-studying my Appetites.
Literally -- for food.
Figuratively -- for running.
Both have become Addictions. And I can't seem to find a balance between them. It's always a struggle.

I've been so Apathetic about my business. Scared to send out letters and promote myself, my reputation, my skills. Afraid no one will want to hire me.

Christmas just doesn't mean much to me anymore; it does not bring me the same pleasures as it once did. But it should. Classic definition of Anhedonia. I feel guilty because I have so much in my life. I am blessed with good health, a loving husband, parents who are still alive, enough money to enjoy vacations and a wonderful home. I don't find pleasure in the gift-buying craziness; the insanity of holiday songs, trees and decorations appearing before Thanksgiving. And so I Avoid the whole holiday experience as much as I can. Guess that's why I often chose to work on Christmas.

And Angelfish. Always fish. Really looking forward to diving in Cozumel with Tracey and Alex during New Year's holiday. Doing yoga on the beach. Eating sushi (fish again!)

No comments: